Here’s a tasty, healthy, vegan treat made using natural nutritious ingredients that will be a hit with the whole family!
These bite-size snacks are a healthy option when you get those 3pm sugar cravings. Not only do they taste delicious, they’re super quick and easy to make as a healthy snack to grab on the go!
Feel guilt-free and happy with these energy packed delights.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 5 mins | Yield: 20 | Calories each: 100 | Category: Dessert | Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 cup of raw, whole almonds
- 1 cup of fresh dates (or soak dried dates for 2 hrs prior to using)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao (or more if you’d prefer a richer chocolate taste)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Moist coconut flakes to coat balls
- Soak the almonds in water for 30 minutes, then drain, this will help in processing the almonds.
- Process the almonds using a food processor (you can alternatively use a high powered blender).
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well-combined and mixture has a soft, doughy consistency
- Using damp hands to roll the mixture into balls and then roll on a plate with coconut flakes.
- To finish, sprinkle extra coconut flakes over the protein ball
- Chill in the fridge for an hour to set. Enjoy as a healthy vegan treat!
Tips: You can add ingredients like chia seeds, hemp seeds or walnuts to your liking. Experiment with different ingredients to add variety!