We all share a responsibility for the health and sustainability of our environment and our natural resources. Recycling is something we are passionate about at Australian Native Botanicals.
Our hair and body care product is sourced in a sustainable manner and the body of the packaging is recyclable plastic. We want to help you reduce the amount of waste and decrease the amount of non-biodegradable materials being placed in landfills.
Our eco-friendly tips can help you make a difference and do your part for environmental protection and sustainability!
Tips to Reduce water usage:
- Install a rainwater tank
- Fill up the dishwasher and washing machine before starting a washing cycle
- Install water saving devices such as AAA-rated shower heads and dual flush toilets
- Use diversion devices for capturing and reusing grey water
- Turn off the tap whilst brushing your teeth
- Shorten your showers by a few minutes
Tips to save electricity and energy:
- Install solar panels on your house (This may be an expensive initial investment but can save you money on your power bills and helps the environment long term)
- Turn off appliances at the power socket when not in use (for example computers, televisions, and other electrical appliances)
- Turn off lights when you are not in a room
- Buy rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones
- Use a clothesline to dry your clothes instead of a dryer
Tips to reduce carbon emissions:
- Carpool when you can
- Take the bus to work or ride your bicycle
- Opt for a fuel efficient car
Tips to Go Green:
- Grow more plants and trees in your yard or balcony
- Use organic waste to create compost for your plants
- Make a mini worm farm
- Use the council’s green waste collection bin
- Use recyclable shopping bags (try cloth bags or recycled paper bags)
Tips to save the forests:
- Use recycled paper for printing and photocopying
- Print double-sided when possible and ask yourself if it’s necessary to print documents
- Avoid buying products with excess packaging
- Place a ‘No Junk Mail’ sign on your letterbox
- Recycle items such as mobile phones, old computers and electricals (organisations such as PLANET ARK can help you find recycling depositories near you)
We hope these tips can help you on your journey of sustainability and environmental protection.